TRANSFORMING A HOUSE INTO A HOME
• Furniture transforms an apartment or a house into an environment that a family can call a “home”. The home is the hub of activity for a family. It is their retreat.
• CORE seeks donations of used furniture and re-donates it to Summit County families in need whose furniture requirements have been verified through a Home Visit performed by a Social Services Agency or by CORE volunteers.
No Child Should Have to Sleep on the Floor
Don’t discard your used furniture. Donate it to families-in-need. Make a difference in someone’s life by contacting us for a furniture pickup today. Your donated furniture will be in another family’s home within a week.
Just call us at 330-208-6948 to arrange furniture donation pick-up at a time convenient for you.
Regrettably, due to the increased cost of home pickups, CORE now requests a minimum donation of $10 to help offset the $27 pickup cost.
You may also deliver your items to our warehouse at
2900 State Road, Unit 3, in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44223
Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
(located at outside right-rear corner of Marc's Grocery Store building).
CORE seeks donations of basic, clean and useable furniture items such as: mattresses, beds, dressers, sofas, upholstered chairs, end tables/coffee tables, lamps, dinette sets and chairs, bed sheets and blankets. CORE can also accept microwaves.
CORE is unable to accept clothing and other miscellaneous household items such as books, desks and metal furniture. So that CORE can continue to treat families-in-need with dignity and respect, we are unable to accept furniture that is significantly ripped, soiled or matted with animal fur.
CORE CAN ACCEPT ONLY THE ITEMS LISTED BELOW:
• BEDS, MATTRESSES, BOX SPRINGS, BED FRAMES
• DRESSERS & CHESTS OF DRAWERS
• SOFAS & LOVE SEATS
• UPHOLSTERED CHAIRS/RECLINERS
• DINING TABLES & CHAIRS
• NIGHT STANDS, END & COFFEE TABLES
• BED LINENS, TOWELS
CORE CAN NOT ACCEPT THESE ITEMS:
•BOOK CASES, CREDENZAS, ETC
•APPLIANCES AND ELECTRONICS EXCEPT MICROWAVES
•SOFA BEDS, FUTONS, SECTIONAL SOFAS
•BABY BEDS AND CRIBS
•EXERCISE OR RECREATIONAL EQUIPMENT
•SEASONAL AND HOLIDAY DECORATIONS. PICTURES, RUGS
•KITCHEN AND HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
So that CORE can continue to treat families in need with dignity and respect, furniture that is ripped, soiled, covered with animal fur, or that is broken cannot be accepted.